Liaison, recently named to Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work, offers the following:
A place to work with fun, smart, collaborative and driven people. Liaison is unique in that we are an established and profitable company but have that fast-paced energy and feel of a start-up. Our SaaS based admissions management software and services helps millions of students take the next step in their academic career and is utilized by over 5,000 academic programs!!
The IT Manager is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the company’s internal IT infrastructure as well as management of the IT department and budget. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas particular internal MIS systems, helpdesk, email and telecommunications systems for Liaison. The Manager of IT will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Working with Company management, oversee and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all internal MIS systems (Zeacom, Psigen, Avaya...etc) and infrastructure (Internet, Intranet, Active Directory, wireless implementations…etc)
- Work in conjunction with Director of Cloud Operations to define and manage IT security policies and administration for Liaison personnel
- Design and implement short and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements. This includes Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity (BC)
- Role to grow with the company
- Responsible for the delivery of all technical services and managing technical staff in addition to prioritizing the workload for all internal requests
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management.
- Define hardware and software standards in conjunction with owners and stakeholders.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of state of the art technology, equipment and/or systems. Research and evaluate new technologies as needed
- Work with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services
- Continuously improve upon the service delivery methods used to maintain internal customers.
- Work to streamline and improve customer service and technical support tools including online help, creation of training and instruction.
- Develop customer satisfaction tools and measure continuous improvement. Report on results monthly back to Leadership team and eventually the company
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field experience.
- 7+ years of IT related experience
- Managing a team of technical IT resources for 2-3 years with demonstrated progression of increased scope and complexity including IT Service Desk.
- Solid understanding of IT supported technologies, and a broad knowledge of IT Technology and infrastructure.
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2/2012
- Experience with technologies including: MS Windows 2000/XP2010, Active Directory, Linux, Apache, Microsoft Exchange, TCP/IP, HTTP, Domain Name System (DNS), Internet Packet Exchange (IPX), Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP), ICAP, ICP, Wi-Fi, POP3 and SNMP,MS Project/Visio/IIS/IE
- Experience in supporting 24x7 IT operations a strong benefit
- Development Business Continuation Strategies is desired
- Experience in Active Directory is required
- Experience with VOIP Zeacom call center software a strong benefit
- Experience CASE Management Software is required
- Experience with SUSS Server
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel/project management skills.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.