Liaison, recently named to Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work, offers the following:
A place to work with fun, smart, collaborative and driven people. Liaison is unique in that we are an established and profitable company but have that fast-paced energy and feel of a start-up. Our SaaS based admissions management software and services helps millions of students take the next step in their academic career and is utilized by over 5,000 academic programs!!
The Help Desk Specialist is a broadly-experienced and flexible technical generalist who proactively provides a variety of services to manage, monitor, troubleshoot, and support hardware and software on LAN, servers, and desktops, and provides support to internal staff and provides stability and support by assuring the stability of the infrastructure services.
- Provide help desk and field support for client located in Boston, MA
- Install, upgrade, and maintain hardware and software for Windows/Mac desktops
- Provide telephone and in-person support, troubleshooting problems and questions from internal end users
- Assist users with installing, upgrading, and maintaining desktop hardware and software, managing standardized configurations
- Work closely with the application support team to assist in daily functional operations of the department
- Assist with specification and acquisition of hardware and software
- Maintain inventory and licensing records, including documentation of hardware and software acquisitions
- Organize and prioritize simultaneous demands
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 1-5 years’ experience in Windows environment troubleshooting and support.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Able to solve complex problems creatively and in a timely manner
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable, hands-on, and demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and multi-task
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of SQL Database and Windows server environment is a plus
- Knowledge of VOIP technology is also a plus
- Sit for long periods of time in an office and/or server room environment.
- Stand, sit, bend, crawl, reach and climb as needed to access computer equipment in offices, equipment rooms, equipment racks and small confined spaces.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs. independently
- Manual dexterity to work with tools, controls and small connectors and parts.