Liaison, named to Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work, offers the following:
A place to work with fun, smart, collaborative and driven people. Liaison is unique in that we are an established and profitable company but have that fast-paced energy and feel of a start-up. Our SaaS based admissions management software and services helps millions of students take the next step in their academic career and is utilized by over 5,000 academic programs!!
As a member of the team, the Senior Software Engineer is responsible for creating highly-scalable Python/PHP web applications and services.
- Provide influence over a new technical design for highly-visible software product
- Work with team to create/maintain python components and services that will integrate with existing applications
- Work with management to provide team leadership for python related programming tasks
- Identify additional tasks and assisting other developers in completing tasks
- Assist in quality assurance process such as writing unit tests and participating in code reviews
- Develop micro-services and performant worker processes for the application
- Develop SQL queries for the application that targets high performance
- Work in a client-facing application development environment with minimal supervision on implementation tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or an IT related discipline, or its equivalent plus 2 years of development experience building high volume, public-facing modern web applications
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment on multiple projects
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, PHP
- Experience in SQL scripting relational databases
- Unit testing of applications
- Experience in working with software specifications and documentation
- Excellent analytical, debugging, planning and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working with developers, business analysts and other project stakeholders
- Familiarity with AWS (ElasticSearch, ElasticCache, IAM…)