At Liaison, we’ve helped higher ed institutions build better, more diverse classes for three decades. You may recognize us as the company behind the Centralized Application Service (CAS), Enrollment Marketing services and platform (EMP), SlideRoom, Time2Track, TargetX (CRM) and Othot.
Everything we do is focused on taking that proven success and expanding its scope and scale. Over 31,000 programs on more than 1,000 campuses see us as a forward-thinking partner integral to meeting their total enrollment goals — and we’re building the data- and mission-driven team that will reinforce our role for decades to come.
We are seeking a capable, motivated, and flexible IT resource to lead our DevOps team. If you love tackling problems head-on, enjoy coming up with creative solutions for complex problems and like keeping yourself updated with the latest trends in technology, then you will fit in well with our team. We run a fast-paced but casual team that operate in a supportive atmosphere.
- Manage and prioritize day to day workloads and support requests
- Architect, design and deploy logging, metrics and alerting tool chains
- Keep systems patched and up to date
- Leads the collaboration with development teams to discuss, analyze or resolve application issues or to assist with engineering projects
- Contribute to planning efforts for disaster recovery, capacity expansion, component upgrading and system hardening
- Work with engineering teams to increase the operational stability of the platform
- Train and mentor more junior personnel
- Monitor, analyze and troubleshoot problems within DevOps tool chains and infrastructure
- Increase automation and environment agnostic infrastructure while keeping an eye on new tools and techniques when possible
- Key contributor in a DevOps-oriented, cloud-focused systems and infrastructure engineering organization
- Play a strategic role in the design and build of state-of-the-art application/infrastructure systems with the high emphasis on security
- Manage service delivery, systems reliability and scalability of a multi-tenant platform in a SaaS based environment
- Build, configure, and maintain the frameworks, tools, and systems that enable optimal performance of the business applications
- Create, maintain and update system documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- 2+ years of experience with Kubernetes and Containers
- 3+ years of Management experience in DevOps, Release Engineering or Software Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in a DevOps capacity
- 5+ years of experience in designing, deploying and maintaining highly available applications in the cloud (preferably AWS)
- 3+ years’ experience using source control systems such as Git
- 3+ years’ experience using/working with continuous integration systems like Jenkins.
- Strong comprehension, problem-solving & troubleshooting, analytical and consultative skills
- Ability to build positive working relationships with the business contacts, within our IT team, and other IT departments and partners
- Working knowledge of Golden signals, USE and RED methods application
- Leadership and project management experience with strong understanding of tools and automation frameworks
- Demonstrated experience working in agile environments
- Experience in systems automation, virtualization, orchestration, continuous integration, deployment, and implementation.
- Experience in scaling distributed data systems, deploying and managing software in production environment and container-based service deployment and ability to use various open-source technologies.
- Skills in infrastructure automation tools – CloudFormation and/or CDK is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with the Atlassian Tools such as JIRA/Confluence
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technologies
- Must be action oriented, capable of multitasking well based on priorities
- Strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Ability to work under pressure, multiple deadlines and minimal supervision